The tennis courts are for the use of club members and their guests only.
Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, skates and similar devices are not allowed on the courts.
Proper tennis attire must be worn at all times. This includes regulation, non-marking tennis shoes and shirts.
No dripping bathing suits or bare feet.
During the summer, adult members have court priority on weekdays after 6pm and all day Saturdays and Sundays. The adult can be playing with another adult or someone under 18.
If junior members are on the court during adult priority hours, they should be politely asked to leave the court at the next half hour increment.
When at all possible, adults should be considerate of junior players when exercising this right and be considerate of their time.
Proper etiquette and Rules of Tennis shall be observed at all times. This includes consideration of others using the courts which means there should be no non-tennis distractions such as loud music, children. dogs, etc. on the courts.
No food, candy or soft drinks allowed on the court.
Please sign up for courts in advance using the YourCourts
Club approved instructors have priority when reserving courts for clinics or lessons.
Anyone not playing tennis is not allowed on the court. This includes children while parents are playing.
No smoking/vaping allowed on the courts or on the tennis viewing deck.
Up to (4) players maximum on any one court.
WHEN OTHER QHSC MEMBERS ARE WAITING TO USE THE COURTS:
- Playing time and court reservation time is limited to 1.5 hours.
- Playing consecutive time periods is prohibited. When your 1.5 hours are up, all players must exit the court unless no one is waiting or has signed up.
- One person’s use of a court (to practice serves, etc.) is not allowed when others are waiting.
TENNIS COURT GUEST POLICY:
- Guests must always be accompanied by a club member.
- Members are responsible for their guest’s knowledge of the court rules.
- There is a $5 guest fee for in-Wake-County guests (except on Thursdays), unless TAAF* in force.
- Out-of-County guests are free with a member any day.
- Maximum one guest per court for singles and two for doubles.
- Guests are permitted only once a week, even if playing with different members.
*TENNIS ADMINISTRATIVE ACCESS FEE:
For guests not wanting to pay excessive guest fees while participating in club clinics or USTA/WTT league play, QHSC offers the Tennis Administrative Access Fee (TAAF) which allows them to be active with club tennis without a full membership while contributing financially to the club and tennis budget. TAAF participants can be adults or minors (with parental consent). TAAF is valid for only one person and does not include family members. TAAF covers tennis only and does not include use of the pool, basketball, clubhouse or social activities. The cost for TAAF is $180 a year, payable in January. Monthly TAAF fees are $25 per month and payable by the 5th day of each month. Please contact tennis co-chair Wendy Roberts for more information or to sign up.
TENNIS COURT RESERVATION SYSTEM:
Please use Member Log-In via YourCourts.com to reserve tennis courts. Members will need to receive log-in information from Tennis Co-Chairs or club tennis pro, Chris Cloer.
United States Tennis Association
Raleigh Tennis Association